In the ninth episode of “The A-List” podcast, host and DiMassimo Goldstein Chief Creative Officer Tom Christmann chats with his long-time friend Megan Skelly, the Group Executive Creative Director at R/GA. Megan has been the creative lead on some of the world’s biggest name brands such as Coca-Cola, Target, Stella Artois, and most recently Verizon Wireless. Last year, Business Insider named her one of the “30 Most Creative Women in Advertising” – an honor that she fully deserves.
Tune in and hear Megan and Tom talk about their time together at Kirshenbaum, stepping over dead bodies, not being afraid to be stupid and so much more. Full episode and show notes below!
- [00:00 – 01:36] Intro
- [01:37 – 09:24] Megan talks about her childhood in Connecticut and her aspirations of becoming a painter
- [09:25 – 13:40] Living on a pull out couch for three years in Westport and trying to get a job in the recession
- [13:41 – 19:20] Moving to New York City and working at Wonderman
- [19:21 – 26:00] Megan talks about her role models in the industry
- [26:01 – 31:03] Working on Cablevision at KBS and becoming a storyteller
- [31:04 – 37:16] “Making it”, using fear as a motivator, and trusting the process
- [37:17 – 44:20] Not being afraid to be stupid and knowing your strengths
- [44:21 – 46:05] Why the industry is more exciting today than ever
- [46:06 – 54:50] The different DNA of R/GA
- [54:41 – 55:52] Outro
“The A-List” is a podcast produced by DiMassimo Goldstein, recorded at the Gramercy Post, and sponsored by the Adhouse Advertising School, New York’s newest, smallest, and hippest ad school. You can subscribe and rate the show on iTunes or listen along on SoundCloud. For updates on upcoming episodes and guests, be sure to like the A-List Podcast on Facebook and follow host Tom Christmann on Twitter. If you want to be interviewed for an upcoming episode, contact us at AdhouseNYC.com.