The A-List Podcast: Episode 001 with Rob Reilly
“My advice to young people is to be the Richard Branson of advertising”
In the premier episode of “The A-List”, host Tom Christmann interviews Rob Reilly, the Global Creative Chairman of Mcann Wolrdgroup. Reilly is one of the most well-respected creatives in the industry and has been recognized at Cannes with multiple Titanium and Grand Prix Lions awards. His 20+ years of advertising experience have made this interview a must-listen for anyone in, or looking to get into the advertising industry. You can listen to the full episode and view the shownotes below:
- (0:00 – 1:36) Intro
- (1:37 – 5:49) Rob Reilly’s Background
- (5:50 – 12:42) Presenting, selling, and being a charming provocateur.
- (12:43 – 15:59) The story behind Lockheed Martin’s “Field Trip to Mars”
- (16:00 – 18:12) Millennials and the culture of instant gratification
- (18:13 – 32:00) Reilly’s career journey
- (32:20 – 39:35) An evolving industry, purpose-led marketing, and the future of advertising
- (39:36 – 47:00) Advertising portfolios and landing a job
- (47:01 – 47:58) Outro
The A-List is brought to you by the Adhouse Advertising School, New York’s newest, smallest and hippest ad school. You can subscribe and rate the show on iTunes or listen along on Soundcloud. For updates on upcoming episodes and guests, be sure to like the A-List Podcast on Facebook and follow host Tom Christmann on twitter. If you want to be interviewed for an upcoming episode, contact us at AdhouseNYC.com.