A few social media highlights to start your week…
1. Campaign Highlight: Herbal Essences “First Time”
P&G’s Herbal Essences line went through a makeover back in 2006 in an effort to reach a younger demographic. After a few years of declining sales, they are getting back to the basics by releasing 2 of their classic products back into the market. To support the launch they served as an official Grammys sponsor and premiered a new tv spot (starring their celebrity brand ambassador Nicole Scherzinger) last night that is a modern take on their classic “yes, yes, yes” airplane ad: New Ad and Original Ad
They are also engaging social activity by asking users to talk about their #firsttime using Herbal Essences and aggregating the content on their website. It will be interesting to see how the classic products perform this go around!
4. More Than a Pitchman: Why Stars Are Getting Marketing Titles
5. American Express Lets You Buy Stuff on Twitter Using a Hashtag
6. Should This Doctor Have Slammed Her Patient on Facebook?
7. Facebook is Being Sued Over Like Button