Here is the Social Media Update for the week.
1. Instagram Video Don’t Make Me Love You
Instagram has launched a new video option similar to Vines. This will create competition for Twitter’s Vine app. Instagram is ahead of the game, they smartly avoided many of Vine’s initial missteps like leaving out hashtag and front-facing camera support. They also included filters for the videos and longer video durations.
2. Report: Facebook Working on a Flipboard-Like News Reader
Sorry for the delay on the update this week, but there was a big announcement from Facebook today that we were waiting to include. Enjoy!
1. Facebook Introduces ‘Graph Search,’ New Search Engine
2. New Myspace Opens to Public Riding Timberlake’s Coattails
1. New Scam Targets Facebook Page Owners
2. How to Follow CES 2013 Online
Happy New Year and welcome back!
2. Facebook 2012 A Year in Review
3. Top 10 Most Influential People on Facebook
4. 75% of World Leaders on Twitter
5. Is Snapchat the Next Frontier for Marketers?
6. Facebook Removing Attribution When Pages Post Via Third-Party Apps
YouTube’s 20 Most Shared Ads in December
Portlandia Spoil Alert Sketch Spoils Everything
Puppy’s First Christmas
Lot’s of good stuff happening in the social world this past week. Enjoy!
1. See What You’ll Look Like Old With Merrill Edge’s “Face Retirement”
2. Social Media Use Leads to Real-World Actions
Here are your social updates for the week—enjoy!
1. Facebook Cover Photo Crackdown
2. 500,000 Facebook Users Chase Fake $1 Million From Powerball “Winner”
Happy short week! Enjoy this week’s social updates!
1. Leaked: Myspace Master Plan to Relaunch as a Spotify Killer
2. Facebook Social Jobs
Here are your social media updates for the week!
1. Social Media’s Role During Hurricane Sandy.
2. Social Media Mapping Sandy.