The A-List Podcast: Episode 002 with Ty Montague
“I will bet on passion over genius every time.”
In this very special episode of “The A-List”, host Tom Christmann chats with Ty Montague, the founder of co:collective, a growth and innovation accelerator that helps clients develop their business strategy and execute their brand story using the principles of Storydoing™. Over the course of 45 minutes, Tom and Ty relive their experience together at J. Walter Thompson, obsess over creative troublemakers, and ask the questions that really matter in life, like whether or not we are living in a computer simulation. Full episode and show notes below!
- [0:00 – 1:28] Intro
- [1:29 – 7:43] Ty’s background and the unique story of how he got into the industry
- [7:44 – 9:40] The importance of networking, passion, and motivation
- [9:41 – 13:50] Tom and Ty talk big agencies and their experience at JWT
- [13:51 – 17:22] Turning ideas into something real and working with others
- [17:23 – 21:30] Creative troublemakers and breaking barriers
- [21:31 – 26:30] How co:collective is different than an advertising agency
- [26:31 – 29:45] Millennials, creative opportunities, and making an impact in the world
- [29:46 – 32:30] The traditional agency model vs. internal creative teams
- [32:31 – 36:09] Amazon, Jeff Bezos, and innovation
- [36:23 – 42:50] The life and work of Howard Gossage and other recommended books for students
- [42:53 – 44:15] Are we living in a computer simulation?
- [44:30 – 45:10] Outro
To follow Ty Montague on Twitter, click here.
“The A-List” is brought to you by the Adhouse Advertising School, New York’s newest, smallest, and hippest ad school. You can subscribe and rate the show on iTunes or listen along on Soundcloud. For updates on upcoming episodes and guests, be sure to like the A-List Podcast on Facebook and follow host Tom Christmann on Twitter. If you want to be interviewed for an upcoming episode, contact us at AdhouseNYC.com.