The A-List Podcast with Greg DiNoto
His agency, which is based in Brooklyn, unlocks the potential in brands with compelling platforms that define a uniquely ownable emotional space – and drive content, experience, and engagement. DiNoto’s clients include Disney/Freeform, Corcoran Real Estate, Synchrony Financial, Deutsche Bank, OnVocal, and Untuckit. Prior to opening up his own shop, DiNoto was a Partner and Chief Creative Officer at Deutsch, where he helped the agency grow significantly.
During their conversation, DiNoto talks about launching an agency without having a client, the pros and cons of awards, the importance of networking, how freelancing can help you develop your personal brand, and much much more. Full episode and show notes below!
- [0:00 – 1:24] Intro
- [1:25 – 6:38] Growing up in Garden City, Long Island, and the TV spot that cultivated an enthusiasm in him for the advertising industry
- [6:39 – 16:30] DiNoto reflects on his time as a student at SUNY Albany and talks about the creative ways post graduates can stand out while hunting for a job
- [16:31 – 27:45] The early days of DiNoto’s career as a writer at both Greenstone Rabasca and Bozell, and his first award-winning campaigns
- [27:46 – 32:09] Donny Deutsch’s healthy disdain for award shows, being hungry, and the importance of networking
- [32:10 – 41:34] The difference between making and managing, why rivalry can be healthy, the pros and cons of awards, and the growing pains of a growing agency
- [41:35 – 49:43] Opening his own shop without a client, the advantages of freelancing, and how the advertising industry is all about people
- [49:44 – 56:36] What he looks for in new hires, creative athleticism, and how to work through a communications strategy
- [56:37 – 57:23] Outro
“The A-List” is a podcast produced by DiMassimo Goldstein, an inspiring action agency, recorded at the Gramercy Post, and sponsored by the Adhouse Advertising School, New York’s newest, smallest, and hippest ad school. You can subscribe and rate the show on iTunes or listen along on SoundCloud. For updates on upcoming episodes and guests, be sure to like the A-List Podcast on Facebook and follow host Tom Christmann on Twitter.