As a creative director, copywriter, and content creator, Fix has worked at many of the industry’s most renowned agencies, helping deliver world-famous campaigns such as Dos Equis’ “The Most Interesting Man.”
In the interview, Paul shares his unique journey into the world of advertising, talks about his class and teaching style, and offers valuable advice to any young creative trying to break it in the industry. Hear it all below!
- [0:00 – 1:25] Intro
- [1:26 – 15:30] Paul talks about the class he teaches at Adhouse and shares stories from his upbringing
- [15:31 – Paul talks about how his band was almost signed to a label, the importance of independence, and the moment he realized he wanted to be in advertising
- [26:45 – 44:30] Paul shares the story of how he broke into the industry by collecting data in media
- [44:31 – 1:02:19] Backpacking in Europe, becoming a high school English teacher, and going back to advertising school
- [1:02:20 – 1:05:00] Finally becoming a full-fledged creative at
- [1:05:01 – 1:17:15] The advantages of working freelance, the importance of being kind, and what he loves about teaching
- [1:17:16 – 1:18:46] Outro
“The A-List” is a podcast produced by DiMassimo Goldstein, an inspiring action agency, recorded at the Gramercy Post, and sponsored by the Adhouse Advertising School, New York’s newest, smallest, and hippest ad school. You can subscribe and rate the show on iTunes or listen along on SoundCloud. For updates on upcoming episodes and guests, be sure to like the A-List Podcast on Facebook and follow host Tom Christmann on Twitter.