The A-List Podcast with Tiffany Rolfe
This week on The A-List Podcast, host and DiMassimo Goldstein CCO Tom Christmann is joined by Tiffany Rolfe, Partner and Chief Content Officer at Co:collective.
Prior to joining Co:collective six years ago, Rolfe spent 10 years at Crispin Porter + Bogusky, where she ultimately became the co-executive creative director of their Los Angeles office.
In this interview, Rolfe talks about the importance of taking risks, what it was like working as a web designer in the early stages of the internet, why brands need to align their stories with their actions, and much much more. Full episode below and show notes below!
- [0:00 – 1:26] Into
- [1:27 – 4:14] Rolfe talks about her childhood growing up in Oklahoma before ultimately packing her bags and moving to Los Angeles
- [4:15 – 8:44] What it was like working as a programmer and web designer for startups in the early stages of the internet
- [8:45 – 11:55] Going back to school at the ArtCenter College of Design in California and falling in love with advertising
- [11:56 – 13:41] Rolfe takes us through the first few months after she graduated, and why she wanted to work at Crispin.
- [13:42 – 19:55] The 10-hour interview with Alex Bogusky that led to 10 years at Crispin, and the unique portfolio that helped land her the job.
- [19:56 – 29:36] Rolfe talks about the philosophy and culture at Crispin, and how much of what she learned there helped shape the creative she is today
- [29:37 – 33:22] What you can learn from making mistakes
- [33:23 – 37:01] Rolfe recounts the moment she realized she was a leader
- [37:02 –43:52] Moving her life to New York and becoming a Chief Content Officer and Partner at Co:collective, and what makes co:collective different than other agencies
- [43:53 – 49:35] “Storydoing” and how doing your story instead of telling your story manifests across an entire organization
- [49:36 – 51: 10] Creating cultural impact with creative ideas
- [51:11 – 54:30] Rolfe offers advice to young creatives trying to break into the industry
- [54:31 – 55:57] Outro
“The A-List” is a podcast produced by DiMassimo Goldstein, recorded at the Gramercy Post, and sponsored by the Adhouse Advertising School, New York’s newest, smallest, and hippest ad school. You can subscribe and rate the show on iTunes or listen along on SoundCloud. For updates on upcoming episodes and guests, be sure to like the A-List Podcast on Facebook and follow host Tom Christmann on Twitter.