The A-List Podcast with Alex Brueggeman and Ivan Whitted II
Alex serves as the Talent Coordinator there while Ivan is a Junior Copywriter. Alex and Ivan have done great things in their relatively brief time in the industry. This episode is very interesting as it kicks off our A-List ‘Dean’s List’ series this season. On the Dean’s List, we talk to burgeoning, young leaders who are using their current roles to shake things up in the industry.
We are very excited to have them both on for this episode. This week, we dive into interesting issues, such as diversity, inclusivity and tips for starting out in the ad business! You’re not going to want to miss this one!
Check out the latest episode of The A-List podcast here!:
- [0:00-2:01] Intro.
- [2:31-5:31] Alex and Ivan talk about their respective upbringings
- [5:32-8:22] Alex talks high school influences and his discovery of anthropology at Howard.
- [8:27-11:00] Ivan discusses early inspiration in the performing arts and discovering PR and advertising.
- [11:01-13:04] Alex discusses Howard University and the value of HBCUs.
- [13:10-15:58] Ivan discusses life after college and being inspired to jump into copywriting.
- [16:00-21:07] Alex’s switch into advertising.
- [21:14-27:43] Ivan’s experience in ad school and moving to NYC.
- [27:52-34:56] Alex’s work at 72andSunny and developing diversity initiatives.
- [35:30-40:20] Ivan’s take on diversity and agency culture.
- [41:30-46:18] Alex and Ivan’s thoughts about the future of representation in advertising.
- [48:30-51:13] Outro.
“The A-List” is a podcast produced by DiMassimo Goldstein, an inspiring action agency, recorded at the Gramercy Post, and sponsored by the Adhouse Advertising School, New York’s newest, smallest, and hippest ad school. You can subscribe and rate the show on iTunes or listen along on SoundCloud. For updates on upcoming episodes and guests, be sure to like the A-List Podcast on Facebook and follow host Tom Christmann on Twitter