The A List Podcast with Matt Low & Mani Schlisser
On this week’s episode of The A-List Podcast, host and DiMassimo Goldstein CCO, Tom Christmann is joined by BBDO’s Matt Low and Mani Schlisser
Matt is a Senior Copywriter (and resident sneaker enthusiast) at BBDO Worldwide where he has worked since being an intern for nearly five years. Matt is a graduate of Syracuse University and in his nascent career as a copywriter has received numerous accolades and nominations by bodies such as: The New York Festivals Advertising Awards, The Webbys, and his recognition earned him a feature in AdWeek.
Mani has recently taken on a role as a Senior Planner at BBDO (congratulations Mani!) having previously worked as a planner at mcgarrybowen, as well as a strategist at Laundry Service and Edelman. A graduate of Indiana University at Bloomington, he’s into all things tech media and business and has become a frequent contributor to the digital publication, Medium.
We are glad to have these two on for our second episode of our special “Dean’s List” edition of the A-List Podcast. On the Dean’s List we interview rising, young professionals who are building their legacies in the 21st-century advertising world. This is an interesting episode as we dive into a lot of great conversation and discussion about advertising in today’s world.
Tune in to this week’s episode of the A-List here:
- [0:00-2:39] Intro.
- [2:42-5:31] Matt and Mani talk a bit about their roles at mcgarrybowen and BBDO.
- [5:32-9:00] Matt and Mani on their shared upbringing and experiences pre-advertising.
- [9:26-13:21] Mani on discovering brand strategy and creative planning.
- [13:44-16:06] Matt on full time creative and tips for interns learning to excel in the workplace.
- [16:09-19:51] Finding inspiration from agencies’ work and setting Google alerts to stay at the cutting edge.
- [19:52-24:52] Matt and Mani’s perspectives on industry changes and shifts.
- [25:00-27:50] Moms, millennials, and the importance of communication in the modern age.
- [28:00-32:28] Combatting instant gratification and developing skills outside of work.
- [32:30-38:10] Finding connections and inspiration from the world around us by unplugging here and there.
- [38:17-41:29] Discussing the modern workflow of an ad agency.
- [41:30-51:40] Matt and Mani’s goals for their future in the industry.
- [54:09-58:17] Outro.
“The A-List” is a podcast produced by DiMassimo Goldstein, an inspiring action agency, recorded at the Gramercy Post, and sponsored by the Adhouse Advertising School, New York’s newest, smallest, and hippest ad school. You can subscribe and rate the show on iTunes or listen along on SoundCloud. For updates on upcoming episodes and guests, be sure to like the A-List Podcast on Facebook and follow host Tom Christmann on Twitter