People get ahead of advertisers, and when they do there is opportunity for change agents like you to seize advantage.
In this case, a few words from the very smart to the wise should be sufficient to get some productive conversations going.
Mary Meeker of venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins analyzed the percentage of time spent on each medium and compared it to ad spend. She found consumers spend 26% of their media consumption time online, while marketers spend 22% of their ad budgets on digital. TV should fare better, with consumers spending 43% of their media time watching TVand marketers spending 42% of their ad budgets on the thing we used to call the “tube.” Mobile is the area best poised for geometric growth, as consumers are now spending 10% of their time with mobile, while marketers are only spending a wee 1% of their ad budgets there.
DIGO client AliveCor has been featured in many publications subsequent to the recent announcement of FDA approval for their life-changing heart monitor device. The AliveCor Heart Monitor makes it easy to do a medical quality ECG with an iPhone. (more…)
1. New Scam Targets Facebook Page Owners
2. How to Follow CES 2013 Online
I wrote this little system to help my twelve year olds write their school assignments, then took a look at it and realized it would work pretty well for you and me too. Enjoy!
1) Talk it out. Find a subject that really interests you. Play around with a few different “points to prove” until you come up with one that really excites you.
2) Write down your main point. Make sure you’ve really stated it clearly and well.
So, by now you know I’m obsessed with reframing. In short, it goes like this: Your brain is a lazy piece of meat, it needs to be shocked into seeing things differently!
I absolutely love these classic movies and each one of them is all about reframing. If you want to become a master of changing perceptions, do as I do and watch them again and again. It’s fun work.
1) A Christmas Carol. Charles Dickens classic employs the ghosts of past, present and future to change an old man’s mind, which changes his life. Get to know it like the back of your hand.
Things I believe:
1) You’re wealthy. If you are not freezing in your own house in the winter, if half of your 17 kids didn’t fail to survive to adulthood, if you can warm up and charge up in a public library and get treated in a modern emergency room, if you have access to antibiotics, then you are like a God compared to the robber barons of a century ago. Deal with it.
When you represent real news, the hard part is keeping up. Everyone is writing about The AliveCor Mobile Heart Monitor, because the recently FDA-approved mobile health marvel represents a revolution in healthcare. DIGO is the brand and business building partner for AliveCor, doing everything from branding and design, to marketing strategy, advertising to professionals and the public, public relations and social, while Proove does the media and optimizations. (more…)
Happy New Year and welcome back!
2. Facebook 2012 A Year in Review
3. Top 10 Most Influential People on Facebook
4. 75% of World Leaders on Twitter
5. Is Snapchat the Next Frontier for Marketers?
6. Facebook Removing Attribution When Pages Post Via Third-Party Apps
YouTube’s 20 Most Shared Ads in December
Portlandia Spoil Alert Sketch Spoils Everything
Puppy’s First Christmas